Saturday, March 27, 2010

Writer's Block from Hades

Sometimes I think I really should do something to jazz up the appearance of this blog. I've been meandering through the blogosphere and have happened upon some very spiffy layouts and graphics. When I encounter such pages I feel somehow inferior because all I put out there into cyberspace are printed words. Dear reader, I hope you can be satisfied with just these black squiggles and sticks and loop-de-loops scattered across a field of plainer-than-plain white. I'd like to think that I don't need all the fancy graphics to keep your attention. I need to believe that my words are what compel you to read and, perhaps, to return to this blog.
I agonize over what I should write every time I want to create a new post. It is so difficult to write for an audience I do not know. The truth is that I love to write and it's always been an effortless activity for me. That's why I am so confounded now. I have the will and the ability to write and yet I sit and stare at this expansive white screen not knowing how the space should be filled. My thoughts are jumbled up like a log jam in my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment